D’LYFE Dance Company is a registered Not-for-profit Corporation operating in the Scarborough area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. D’LYFE stands for Dance, Let Your Feet Explore. Founded in 2014, this new dance company and program explores fundamental Caribbean movements while highlighting the dance styles that now emerge through cross-cultural influences. D’LYFE performers range from 3 to 16 years of age and have been officially dancing together for one year. Despite the company’s infancy, the group has performed at a number of major events and festival’s across the GTA, including Harbourfront Centre’s Island Soul Festival, the Scotiabank Junior Caribbean Carnival launch, the annual Jerk Festival, and St. Michael’s Hospital Community Clinic launch, to name a few.
The company performs a selection of dance styles but their specialty is contemporary and folk Caribbean. Whether they are performing as a group, solo, or back-up artists, D’LYFE dancers have become known for delivering vibrant, high-energy, entertaining performances. Performing traditional styles with an abundance of personality, the young dancers actively enjoy preserving their culture on stage. Led by the founding Directors, Akua Delfish and Onika Powell, D’LYFE strives to nurture pride and develop leadership around Caribbean culture and history.
- Councillor Raymond Cho Community Picnic
- Extendicare Rouge Valley Long Term Care Centre
- Jerk Festival
- Carnival Island @ Olympic Island
- Harbourfront Centre’s Island Soul Festival
- Junior Carnival Post-Parade Showcase
- Scotiabank Junior Caribbean Carnival Media Launch
- Calypso Extravaganza Show
- St. Michael’s Hospital Community Clinic launch
- Warden Woods CC “Scarborough’s Got Talent”
- Caribbean Junior Folklore Dance Competition
- DCPC Youth & Children’s Caribbean Dance Showcase
- Private Functions